Saturday March 30th: 12 pm – 5 pm
Sunday March 31st: 12 pm – 5 pm
The MTO Official’s seminar includes visual, discussion based, and hands on training for individuals entering the Officiating pathway. Participants in the seminar must also complete a 2019 Muaythai Ontario Competitive Membership.
Open to all participants of any level of knowledge, Muaythai Ontario is looking to build on its already talented team of Judges and Referees. Existing Officials may attend at no cost in order to refresh their knowledge, however, time constraints will see that new officials will receive priority when it comes to hands on practice.
The seminar will involve a combination of live demonstrations, video samples, written testing, and projector curriculum. Some of the highlights will be:
- Amateur Muaythai as it relates to competition in Ontario, Canada and the World;
- Judge, Referee, Timekeeper, & Jury roles;
- Equipment and attire;
- Athlete safety;
- Scorecard analysis;
- Scoring principles as well as Club Show vs Tournament Judging;
- Procedures for overseeing competition;
- Interaction with the team of judges and medical staff;
- Foul procedures;
- Medical interruptions; and
- Hand on referee techniques & practice.
This is a hands on seminar. You will need to bring indoor shoes, pens and paper/electronic devices to record your notes. There will be written and practical testing for all participants, involving live demonstrations.
Price includes seminar one (1) MTO Official’s button down shirt.