Once you complete your Agreement for Sanctioning, you will receive a detailed email of steps and tips for a successful competition. Don’t lose this email as it contains a Contest Card Template which you will be using for match-ups.
If you still haven’t reviewed the Sanctioning Policy, or Competition Rulesets, do so now!
Event hosts should be in constant contact with MTO concerning match-ups to avoid last minute changes, and a match-up should be approved by MTO prior to the publishing of any promotional material regarding a contest. Muaythai Ontario must receive the full competition list at least 14 days prior to the event and updated on an ongoing basis. The list will be reviewed and the Event Host notified if a participant is missing any MTO documentation (membership/annual medical). It is the responsibility of the Event Host to ensure that all contests are adhering to MTO policies on match making.
Please note – A club participating in their first MTO event may defer their club membership dues. Should a club decide to participate in subsequent events with MTO they will be required to pay the club membership for the year. If you are uncertain as to a club’s status, please contact MTO. All first-time athletes, corners and coaches will still need to submit their individual memberships.
Deadlines – 3 Important Ones!
1. Submit first version of Contest Card (using MTO template) at least 14 days out from competition date. If you are not sure how to complete this template, check the next tab.
- MTO needs at least 5-7 business days to review the card.
- During this time, the event host and MTO will be in constant contact about match-up issues, or changes.
2. Two business days before competition date.
- Last day to submit card changes
- Last day for clubs, athletes, coaches to submit membership information (application, medicals, background checks)
- Examples of deadline (two business days before competition):
3. Two business days before competition day
- Submit the competition event Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Submit your competition event doctor’s name and CPSO#