One Membership. Three Opportunities.
Athlete, Coach, or Official? Only one annual membership is required. Select one or more roles that you will take on this year.
Keep in mind each role has its own set of requirements needed for membership validation and your Club must listed on the Club Directory with MTO before you will be able to register individually.
- Athletes are the heart of Muaythai Ontario. Compete in light contact and full contact exhibitions, to judged matches in local, provincial, and national events.
- Seconds (Coach/Corner) support the athlete before, during, and after competition. At least one (1) Second must be with their athlete during competition, max two (2). Seconds have an understanding of Muaythai Ontario’s Rules, Regulations, safety standards, and protocols.
- Officials are the judges, referees, timekeepers, and jury of an MTO event. They receive honorarium for each event they work. Officials must attend training and they know the rules, regulations and techniques used in amateur Muaythai.
Annual Muaythai Ontario Memberships are based on the calendar year. Active memberships end on December 31st of the year of registration. This is true no matter when a member has registered.
The 2021-2022 will be the exception. Memberships will be valid from the remainder of 2021 to the end of 2022.
There are no refunds for processed yearly memberships.
What You Need to Complete Membership Application
- An affiliation with a currently registered Muaythai Ontario Club;
- The member’s contact information;
- A photo identification document confirming date of birth (only required once for 2020, and new members moving forward);
- A clear photo of the member (.jpg, .jpeg, .png); and
- A credit card to complete the annual membership payment, via PayPal.
- The email of the coach responsible for the athlete; and
- A list of the athlete’s competitive history.
All membership requirements should be completed and sent in by Event Submission Deadlines.
- Previous competitive history;
- The athlete’s completed and stamped Annual Medical Declaration; and
- The athlete’s lab test results for HIV antibody & HBV (Hepatitis B Surface Antigen) & HCV (Hepatitis C Antibody).
For Coaches and Officials:
- Background screening results. Depending on factors, either need Vulnerable Sector Verification (VSV) OR Sterling Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
There are two parts to a Muaythai Ontario Membership that a member will receive once their membership is processed.
1 . Your MTO Online Passport
This is your digital membership card with MTO. Athletes or Coaches will use their Online Passport to check-in at events to compete or corner. Members are responsible for keeping Passport up-to-date prior to competition.
2 . Your myMTOaccount
This is where you log in to update details on your Athlete Passport, Coach Passport, or Official Passport.
- Athletes are responsible for keeping an accurate, up-to-date record.
- Any competitive experience outside of MTO must be recorded before you are scheduled for Muaythai Ontario competition. If you are not scheduled to compete, you’ll need to make sure your account updated within at least 10 days.
- Failure to keep records up-to-date may result in suspension.